Microsoft Dynamics 365
Currently, there is no workflow related to changes in the vendor bank accounts. This is a very common scenario in the business to validate and approve bank accounts, before they are used.
on 8/4/2022 9:43:57 AM
Thank you for your feedback. This is a great suggestion! We will consider this in our roadmap.
Very common requirement. Even mandatory in terms of compliance. Same for customer bank account modification.
Current workflow is useless as I can change bank accounts in VendBankAccount form and add my account and there is no way to se approval process.
Agreed - this is a common requirement and would be a welcome addition.
Would there already be an idea when this will be put on the roadmap?
The workflow on vendor master data is foreseen - same logic on the vendor bank account details would be great!
Good afternoon :)
We have just gone live with D365 Finance and Operations and we are experiencing the same issue with native vendor bank details workflow only working on new bank details configured in form VendTable control name TabPayment.
Any follow-on changes made to form VendBankAccounts control name TabGeneral bypass workflow completely and there is no native workflow to control changes - it is free to edit and save.
To access form VendBankAccounts control name TabGeneral
1. Go to Modules/Purchase ledger/Suppliers/All Suppliers
2. Open any supplier account, then from the Supplier top menu banner select Setup>Bank accounts
3. This opens form VendBankAccounts
4. Any bank account, routing number or other changes made here completely bypass workflow
The business impact is:
5. The form cannot be locked down to e.g. senior Finance managers since it creates a segregation of duty issue - same people making changes would be approving other workflow changes.
6. Junior staff members entering the bank details changes could make changes that would go unnoticed until a vendor queries payment - creates opportunity for fraud.
This requires a manual workaround to validate all bank details outside D365 before approving supplier payment proposals.
Do we have any update on bringing in the vendor bank account fields workflow?
This is a very common scenario for our customers as well. We are looking forward to when it will be released.
I agree this will be a very useful feature, audit log also helps.
Vendor bank account changes approval workflow is a great feature that helps many customers.
Sorry, my previous post was incorrectly made to this idea. This applied to vendor bank account workflow.
This has been introduced in version 8.1 and is a very nice feature. It would be great if was made possible to add all vendor fields to be tracked by workflow, not a limited set. Another improvement would be if the workflow kicks in directly when creating a new customer or vendor. Currently (version 8.1) it only works on change.