Microsoft Dynamics 365
Thank you for reaching out to us. Playbooks for all entities, especially for the custom entities can be achieved through the Sequences functionality. Sequences help sales managers enforce best practices by introducing a set of consecutive activities for sellers to follow during the course of their day. A manager can connect sequences to entities that appear in a seller's work queue, to help sellers prioritize activities to focus on selling, be more productive, and better align to business processes. This feature was rolled out in April 2020. For more details, please follow this link: Manage sequences in sales accelerator | Microsoft Docs
Fantastic feature. Need this feature for custom entities.
Unified Experience: Search, navigation and performance
Adding this ability to custom tables moves the needle to a "No code" solution for business users to manage the playbook on their own.
Any news on development of the Playbooks-functionality? We could really use this!
Would be a massive win to the product and solve so many situations where custom build is required to pre-populate tasks and activities when records are created.
Also needs to be for all entities including custom, and also not just for Sales. E.g. having a set of playbook activates that can be tracked etc would be extremely useful on the Case entity.
Getting tired of functionality that is general in nature only getting released for specific entities and only in specific SKU's (functionality that is general in nature should be made available to all modules not just Sales all the time this includes PDF - this should be available everywhere Word Templates are available).
ok. Did a deep dive of this wonderful functionality. Thanks to Stefan's early deep dive.
1. Dynamic Quick View Forms for confiuration of Playbook activities: Amazing. Not sure how you accomplished loading attributes and metadata about attributes. Most likely a PCF Comp. Use Case would be for managing reference and config data.
2. Currently all Start Date and End Date calculations are based on Playbook created on date. Might need a little bit more flexibility around date calculations, as the Palybook creation data might not be that useful for customers. We might need it to be based on DateTime attribute on the Parent entity, such as Lead Recieved Date, Opportunity Activation Date, Quote Created Date or Quote Activattion Date, etc.
3. Are there any plans to make the Children records of a Child(lookup), editable within a grid. Will be very helpful with one click update to the Playbook Activities. Especially to indicate and change them from parent form.
4. Playbook creation might need more trigger points, as in creation of the parent record, activation of parent record (change in status). At least a few core triggers, rather than just Launch Playbook.
5. Track Progress is really nice feature that lets Customer govern the best practices and measure effectiveness of Best practices, with regards perccentage of completions, success of the playbook itself, duration forecasted versus actuals.
6. Can playbooks be made Security Role Specific?
More to come. Asweome feature.
Absolutely a fantastic feature. Having this feature OOB for system and custom entities will be critical for business that want for governance, enforcement of best practices, reporting and adapting best practices on evolving needs. Would love to see this ffeature become generally available. We can customize the Task creation to establish some calculated Due dates for any of these playbooks. With Track Progress feature, having a non-intrusive mechanism to assist with enforcement of best practices is quite useful.
If enable for all entities, Playbooks would be a powerful tool for i.e. account planning and campaign related functions. Quite an usual request from customers and always been a custom solution.
Somehow the Playbook service should check whether the targeted entities are enabled for Activities, that�s all. Besides that just give us a plain Regarding lookup at the Playbook entity without the current restrictions. My finding: Playing around with Playbooks for custom entities https://2die4it.com/2018/11/09/playing-around-with-playbooks-for-custom-entities/
This is a great idea, and would be helpful for case management when certain case subjects/categories need a specific set of tasks or activities completed. It would also be helpful for automatic creation of draft acknowledgement/follow up emails to case customers.