Microsoft Dynamics 365
Business Central Team (administrator)
Good day. I see that this function is available from the Send page under Attachments > Manage > Add File from Source. Great feature. What is the logic behind not automating this somewhere in the overall setup so that all docs are attached to the email automatically? Is that to protect users from sending sensitive information out?
Yes this is now possible in last update
RE: Having an option to add another attachment, when sending an invoice in BC
Has this been implemented yet?
I noticed one comment, dated 29/12/2020, that says it is now possible....
This is now possible in BC, thanks !
In our business for many sales quotes or sales orders we want to attach a document (installation guidelines to assemble all purchased items correctly). It is logical that our customer would automatically receive all attached documents to that specific sales order of type "INSTALLATION GUIDELINES", when we mail our customer the sales order confirmation.
Therefor we need 3 things:
1) metadata about the uploaded document: "document type" as code that users can define.
2) metadata about the uploaded document: "sent to customer together with sales order confirmation" as a boolean
3) default settings about "document types" where you can define the default value "sent to customer together with sales order confirmation" TRUE/FALSE. As indicated in point 2) this should be able to overwrite in an individual sales order, in case you exceptionally don't want to sent that document type for that specific sales order.
This would be a great feature. My customer has a large packet that they send their customers each month. It would be nice if we could attach all of the supporting documentation to the sales invoice in Business Central and have it automatically send.
Something new with this incident. It is very important for our customers.
Very much needed and expected by end users. There are two scenarios that need to be covered.
1) Standard additional attachments such as terms and conditions (these can be a secondary report selection).
2) Attachments specific to a document. This will be things like a specification sheet specific to an item on the document. This is nicely handled by the new attachment functionality that lets attachments flow from an item to a document, other than you can't automatically send to a customer. It would be great to have another checkbox on the attachments to say to include as an e-mail attachment.
There are two requirements here that are asked for on almost every implementation
1. Add an additional document to an email, usually T&C's
2. Add attached documents from the Invoice/Posted Invoice automatically. For example proof of delivery, and PDF of customer Purchase Order