The "New/Plus" buttons most often confuse the clients. Ask was if the top one can be hidden and/or the bottom one.
The reason of the Question was raised that in some form you have three possibilities to create new records: on the top, on the bottom and and in subgrids under the three dots.
- Here needs to be an improvement that for example, once you open a record the top + Button will be hidden or can be hidden by customization/configuration.
- Enable the buttons to be customized using ribbon workbench/ ribbon editor to show and hide.
- Using security settings with security roles to show an hide the button on a global or record based level
Link to the discussion in the MSFT Field Service Team: Jens Grambau (Guest): General Hi all, maybe asked already several times but could…
posted in Dynamics 365 Field Service Partner Community / Mobile app and technician success at 13 Feb, 10:13:17
- We should have an option to enable/disable the quick create button on the (model driven) app level which would apply to all users. I actually don't see a need for it at all ever on the mobile, but if we can switch it on/off easily that's fine.
- It seems that only a sub-set of Button's is available om mobile (eg no 'Activate' on Quote, no 'Assign') can we have some documentation for this please and the ability to add/enable buttons as requested, specifically for the mobile app. Thanks