Many AX / D365 customers have supply chain requirements that include scanning barcodes that are formatted to the GS1-128 standard. This includes barcodes that have multiple data elements where each element starts with an Application identifier and can either be fixed or variable length.
- For use with the D365 Warehouse App and WHSWorkExecute
- Parameters to signify special characters for "start of barcode", "end of barcode" and "end of variable length barcode segment"
- New table for GS1-128 Application identifiers e.g. 00 = SSCC (Licence plate), 10 = Batch etc.
- New table to map the Warehouse App fields to individual barcode segments e.g. 00 = Licence plate, 10 = Batch
- A single scan of a barcode that includes multiple data elements, each with its own GS1-128 Application identifier, will populate all associated fields, e.g. during Purchase receive, one scan will populate Batch + Batch date + Expiry date
- Scanning will include the removal of the Application identifier e.g. 00012345678012345678 will be processed as Licence plate = 012345678012345678
- Applies to all Warehouse App activities that involve the scan of a barcode