The on-account transactions form holds lines for the different on-account transactions (Milestones, Deductions, Prepayment Journal lines, Beginning balances) depending on the project type. They can be created either via Billing rules or manually.
- Client may use it in different ways, and sometimes where this is being used to drive invoicing that has been based off quotation lines, certain clients may want to see the individual lines broken down into the elements of build-up as it was in the quote. This result in potentially having to create multiple lines on the on-account form.
- Also in a dense project hierarchy with on-account lines at different sub-project highlighting it at the top of the hierarchy can present you with quite a large number of lines.
- Users require a TOTAL field, which is a read-only summary on this form to show a total of the lines. This easily allows the on-account lines to be compared to either the forecast/budget/quotation lines that have been created.
- This can be implemented by choosing to provide a single TOTAL which considers all the different types of the on-account lines or a box each for each type of on-account and a TOTAL that represents the sum of the individual total.
- The TOTAL box should be able to reflect the correct totals in a mixed hierarchy of project types and the different levels within the hierarchy (ie be able to reflect the sums of all on-account lines from child projects within the hierarchy).
This will make a massive difference and improve efficiency of using this form.