This concept has been raised by a number of clients I have worked with and they cannot understand how a cycle count workflow can be used via the stock management module if a cycle count is raised through the stock management module, but variances can be posted without approval in the warehouse management module via a cycle count.
Just to add to this, this is useful because we create invoices from individual planning lines multiple times, generally monthly. We either copy a complete Tasks worth of planning lines from one month to the next (and touch them up), and push them to invoices; or set a large quantity, and push a lesser quantity each monthly invoice. Example: Set a quantity of 12, set Qty to Invoice to 1, and invoice monthly for a year.
A feature like the one requested here would help us avoid re-verifying the tax status of every planning line, every month, for every customer.
For those of you who may come here having the same issue,
There is a workaround that I found, which is almost really hard,
- You have to renamename the web resources in your PCF component
- publish your component in to your environments,
- You are gonna see that previous ones are deleted and the new ones exist, but for some reason Dynamics does not use them in your PCF, so your PCF looks ugly and weird now.
- Now Rename the Webresources to their original names and reimport and republish all.
- Vala! it is suddenly fixed!
I hope this helps anyone who also ell in to this dark hole.