It would be nice to be able to do a monthly physical count by lot or serial number on MS Surface, Ipads or even cell phones. (Bluetooth and USB capable scanners are widely available and compatible with tablets)
Then compare what is counted to what the system thinks is on hand, count any missed items and do an inventory adjustment.
We did an application like this on industrial scanners a few years ago. It was not that hard to develop but the industrial scanners were difficult to configure and had their own operating systems and software.
A lot of users expect this to be a core capability and not a third party application...
The whole Send to Email functionality in GP is complex, not well documented and there is room for a lot of improvement. Due to the complexity and lack of documentation it takes a long time to troubleshoot these issues for what is a basic feature.
If I can setup a printer to send PDFs via SMTP in 5 minutes, why can’t I do this with GP?
There are so many dependencies to get Send to email to work (not all GPs fault) however what is in control of GP is the documentation, functionality, error reporting and notifications.
1) If you use Exchange Web Services to send to Email then you lose the ability to send PDFs.
2) If you use MAPI to send to Email with PDF you are forced to use Office 32bit (MAPI limitation) however almost everyone is forced to use MAPI because of the inability for Exchange to send PDFs.
3) No SMTP support? It is standard practice for Printers to send PDFs by SMTP, why is SMTP not supported in GP - this would remove the dependency on MAPI and 32 bit Office.
4) Notifications are poor - Emails are marked as sent successfully when they leave GP, if there is an issue with your template the email will fail to send but you will get no error message back from GP.
5) Logging is very poor - when sending an email all you get are the start and finish times of the job, there is no feedback after the command is sent from GP - no reporting whether the template was generated successfully, no reporting on which template field failed, no reporting if there was an error back from EWS or Outlook.
Getting Send to Email to work is a pretty miserable experience of trial and error that needs improving.
Many clients are utilizing Web Client On Premise.
There are many types of reports such as Management REporter, SSRS and Excel Reports
The SSRS reports and Management REporter reports work.
However, although users can see the Excel Reports in the List Pane, they cannot generate them from the Web viewer. Only the Desktop version of GP. Please add the ability to generate Excel Reports from the Web Client.
Have an additional eConnect method that will create the link between a sales order and a purchase order. So you use eConnect to create the sales order and the purchase order now we need one more method that will create the records in SOP60100. You can pass down the SO and PO numbers and this will find the lines and the headers and populate SOP60100. The current method does not behave this way.
With Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2 we now had the functionality of Printing and Emailing SOP documents at the same time, can the same be implemented for POP Documents.
This feature was added to the following windows:
Transaction Entry Window
Print Documents Window
and Navigation Lists
It is possible to do an Excel copy/paste for more than decimal places than the currency is setup for. These do not show in the UI, which is misleading, however, the extra values are in the GL10001 table. These will also post, if balanced.
At the very least, an error should be thrown for entries that exceed the decimal places.
When working with web client, even though the templates have been disabled for the whole Company, 'template' value is setup as default report value. Can't change this setting.
Please, review to modifiy this, in order to have the same behaviour that the desktop versión.
Checklinks is a symptom of a problem that need not exist, and likely a holdover from the application's past. Now that only Microsoft SQL Server is supported as a database backend, there are powerful features available that weren't when multiple database backends were supported.
Please define foreign key relationships at the database level so that it becomes impossible to experience the data damage that checklinks is designed to correct.
The standard reports (like Receivables Trial Balance) allows for options to be set and saved. However, there is no way to make a new option set based on an existing one. If I open a report option set and then change the name to a new one, all of the existing options in the window are reset to default.
Please add "Save As" functionality that will allow a new report option set to be created from an existing one retaining the existing options.