It would be great if the angle brackets (<>) of breadcrumb in D365O would be clickable the same way as in Windows Explorer.
For example, the user navigates to this path: Sales and marketing>Setup>Opportunities>Probability
If the user clicks the bracket before Probability the menu elements under Opportunities would be shown (list of Probability, Prognosis, Reason, Sales process).
That would speed up the navigation in D365O as far as I am concerned.
I have a need to access a ready-only copy of the AX business database that is sync'd in real time. We can then sync this database to our own azure sql database for reporting purposes.
Have the ability in the D365FO flow/logic app connector to register for callbacks when certain events happen in D365FO. Events can be defined by the users in D365FO which will be exposed in the connector for registration. When the specific event happens in D365FO, D365FO callsback into the connector thus, triggering the flow/logic app. Sample events can be, "When a PO is approved" or "When a vendor is created" etc.
With the removal of the concept of virtual companies, the only - however poor - real out of the box option to share master-data across legal entities was lost. This feature was widely used by many customers.
The new cross-company data sharing accepts group and reference data only, but it is not possible to share for example Customers and Vendors across multiple legal entities.
In the industry, where my customers operate it is not uncommon to have +100 legal entities, some will have +1000 and this is real legal entities, not just a dummy division of a legal entity.
Therefore it is common to share customers and vendors between companies. But it is not a all or nothing approach. Companies are grouped and data is shared between a group of companies. Which leads me to my second suggestion. Please allow us to group companies into company groups and then configure the sharing of data per group of companies instead of individual companies.
So 2 suggestions here.
1. Ensure master data can be shared between a group of companies.
2. Allow grouping of companies into company groups.
Suggested by Microsoft – Under Review – 11
Category: User Experience
In previous versions of Dynamics AX (AX 2012 and before) it was possible to enter a calculation in decimal fields. e.g. 1000*1.21. The result was an amount : 1210. In the current version of Dynamics 365 this is not possible anymore. This is a much requested feature by namely accounting users. They use it a lot for calculating amounts to add or subtract Sales Tax.
Every external facing document needs to be professionally formatted in standard D365FO using the new Modern formats framework, and these formats should ship with the product. Documents should include the typical fields most customers want. These documents should either be extensible or there should be a documented process for copying the standard document and modifying it. Print management needs to be improved so all modern forms of document transmission are supported.
Every document means:
- Any document I might transmit to a Customer or Vendor, pretty much any document covered by Print Management.
- The documents are part of D365FO when it is deployed, without any modifications.
Professionally formatted means:
- The document was reviewed by a graphic designer.
- Acceptable logo sizes and ppi are documented.
- The document works with both Letter and A4 paper sizes.
- The margins on the document are even and consistent.
- Multi-page documents are tested, don't leave extra white-space on the page, and have appropriate minimalist headers and footers.
Typical fields means:
- Microsoft has surveyed the user community for what fields they include on each document type, and have included the ones that are common to a majority of customers.
- Global requirements have been considered (i.e. Banking, Tax fields, Dates that are clear no matter what country is viewing the document).
Print management improvements means:
- Ability to transmit a document using Exchange, SMTP, or Local Outlook.
- Ability to use GER to transmit a document.
- Ability to have a "Modern" formatted email template with wildcards from the Source journal record.
- Ability to control the file name in an Email or File.
- Ability to use some concept of Print archive, so the actual PDF that was sent is always recorded in a way the user can easily retrieve it.
Please add your comments with any additional requirements not listed above.
Facebook has a "View as" feature which lets users to view their profile as another person: http://www.wikihow.com/View-Your-Facebook-Timeline-As-Another-User
This feature in D365O would greatly improve testing the security role configurations. Security/System administrator would be able to click on a "View as" button on any AX form and select a system user from a dropdown to view the form as that particular user.
It would be great if you can add this to the road map.
Many AX / D365 customers have supply chain requirements that include scanning barcodes that are formatted to the GS1-128 standard. This includes barcodes that have multiple data elements where each element starts with an Application identifier and can either be fixed or variable length.
- For use with the D365 Warehouse App and WHSWorkExecute
- Parameters to signify special characters for "start of barcode", "end of barcode" and "end of variable length barcode segment"
- New table for GS1-128 Application identifiers e.g. 00 = SSCC (Licence plate), 10 = Batch etc.
- New table to map the Warehouse App fields to individual barcode segments e.g. 00 = Licence plate, 10 = Batch
- A single scan of a barcode that includes multiple data elements, each with its own GS1-128 Application identifier, will populate all associated fields, e.g. during Purchase receive, one scan will populate Batch + Batch date + Expiry date
- Scanning will include the removal of the Application identifier e.g. 00012345678012345678 will be processed as Licence plate = 012345678012345678
- Applies to all Warehouse App activities that involve the scan of a barcode
On print management settings to send commercial documents via email, system only gives an option to specify "Subject". System should allow users to specify generic body for the email. Ideally, this should be linked to email templates to specify dynamics variables in the body.
Suggested by Microsoft – Under Review – 9
Category: Reporting and AnalyticsWhen we export large data from Dynamics 365 Operations to an excel, the data is not copied completely and is restricted to 2000 rows only. We have to export the remaining rows once again to the excel to get the whole data. It will be good, if there is no such restriction and the data can be exported to an excel completely at a time.