Many times we are all completed with payroll ready to send the file to the bank and we found an oops on 1 employee check, right now there is no way to get that check out of the direct deposit ach file, you have to call the bank, see if they will manually remove it or try to edit the file without causing issues. It would be nice if we had an option to remove a check from the ACH file, either through the VOID or a different option
The whole Send to Email functionality in GP is complex, not well documented and there is room for a lot of improvement. Due to the complexity and lack of documentation it takes a long time to troubleshoot these issues for what is a basic feature.
If I can setup a printer to send PDFs via SMTP in 5 minutes, why can’t I do this with GP?
There are so many dependencies to get Send to email to work (not all GPs fault) however what is in control of GP is the documentation, functionality, error reporting and notifications.
1) If you use Exchange Web Services to send to Email then you lose the ability to send PDFs.
2) If you use MAPI to send to Email with PDF you are forced to use Office 32bit (MAPI limitation) however almost everyone is forced to use MAPI because of the inability for Exchange to send PDFs.
3) No SMTP support? It is standard practice for Printers to send PDFs by SMTP, why is SMTP not supported in GP - this would remove the dependency on MAPI and 32 bit Office.
4) Notifications are poor - Emails are marked as sent successfully when they leave GP, if there is an issue with your template the email will fail to send but you will get no error message back from GP.
5) Logging is very poor - when sending an email all you get are the start and finish times of the job, there is no feedback after the command is sent from GP - no reporting whether the template was generated successfully, no reporting on which template field failed, no reporting if there was an error back from EWS or Outlook.
Getting Send to Email to work is a pretty miserable experience of trial and error that needs improving.
It is possible to do an Excel copy/paste for more than decimal places than the currency is setup for. These do not show in the UI, which is misleading, however, the extra values are in the GL10001 table. These will also post, if balanced.
At the very least, an error should be thrown for entries that exceed the decimal places.
GP needs the ability to import credit card transactions into payables a la QuickBooks.
We now can pay them with a 'credit card' check run, please give us an easy way to get the invoice recorded.
Checklinks is a symptom of a problem that need not exist, and likely a holdover from the application's past. Now that only Microsoft SQL Server is supported as a database backend, there are powerful features available that weren't when multiple database backends were supported.
Please define foreign key relationships at the database level so that it becomes impossible to experience the data damage that checklinks is designed to correct.
The standard reports (like Receivables Trial Balance) allows for options to be set and saved. However, there is no way to make a new option set based on an existing one. If I open a report option set and then change the name to a new one, all of the existing options in the window are reset to default.
Please add "Save As" functionality that will allow a new report option set to be created from an existing one retaining the existing options.
In the majority of lookup windows, you can type in the first several characters of the ID before doing a lookup, and when you select the desired record from the lookup window, it brings you back to the maintenance window and populates with the selected record. If you take those same steps in the account maintenance window, you are asked if you want to save the record (the few characters you typed prior to going to the lookup). If the lookup is engaged after typing the characters, it should not ask if you want to save that record when you return to the window.
Currently workflow mails show amounts to 5 decimal places and this is difficult to read and work with. Decimal places should be either 2 decimal places or pick up from the currency setup.
Project Accounting Misc Log entry-detail line to default to expanded mode. The user has to deliberately click on the 'show more details' icon so that they can key in a unit cost. The default capture mode should be expanded so that the cost field is easily visible.