We see a big requirement for prices in 3 or 4 decimals. This is across the board for the purchase prices, sales prices and cost prices. The market prices and surcharges demand pricing in multiple decimals.
The totals can remain in 2 decimals.
New Modern friendly Grid, … the current Dyn365op grid have more or less same features/look than a … Axapta grid !
Should be great …
- To freeze first(s) column (user expect to see code/description when scrolling horizontally )
- To group/ungroup in a grid (hierarchical view, let‘s imagine a sale order header grid with a group by sale status..:) )
- More readable heading label in 2,3 lines, (User spend many time to resize column to understands check box label per example)
- Allow sub-grid in grid
Evaluation of cross-references is very important with such a large code base (for understanding the current solution, for impact analysis and so on). Unfortunately the experience is worse than in previous versions of AX; here are some suggestions:
- Allow filtering and sorting.
- Add filtering options similar to those in Application Explorer (by type, model etc.).
- When I get a list of references, I often want to look at where some references are used. Please make it possible directly from the same window. For example, I could click on a reference and use "Find reference on it". Or I could be able to expand the node and see a hierarchy of references.
- Re-introduce "Reference" field, such as the information where a field is written into. I know it was dropped consciously, but it was really useful. If the standard "Find Symbol Results" doesn't support things like this, it's probably time to move from it.
By the way, when you later decide to switch to SQL Server 2017, wouldn't DynamicsXRefDB form a nice graph database?
Exporting entities should be done per company. In case of exporting Entities for building a data mart (BYOD) or for an integration scenario, this limitation causes multiple export jobs to be defined for the same entity.
Enable a single job that can export data for all the companies.
Suggested by Microsoft – Under Review – 2
Category: User Experience
Drag and drop was not on the list of deprecated features for Dynamics 365 for Operations, but it currently isn't available. We have been told that it will be implemented, but isn't currently schedule for a release. We are using dynamics AX to integrate with of 3rd party document management solution called Egnyte. Users require the ability to drag and drop files to an AX form that will then push the document to our document management system. Since drag and drop currently isn't available, we are not able to meet our users expectations. Drag and drop was available in AX2012 R3. We started our implantation using Dynamics AX2012 R3. The Microsoft product team helped us upgrade to Dynamics 365 for Operations. Drag and drop was being used in our AX2012 R3 version of the solution. After the upgrade we became aware that drag and drop wasn't available. Please implement drag and drop in one of the next updates.
Develop ability for a Customer collaboration portal or workspace similar to the Vendor collaboration that was released. I could not find any mention of a customer portal for Dynamics 365 for Operations to be released.
there is a special need for having different weight and length units on the Released Products level (Released Products / Manage inventory). The products at some customers are very light (Inventory Unit pieces and Pairs, stockings weighing 20g) There is a big demand have separate units.
D365 itself has no unit on those fields and Microsoft is currently not planning this functionality.We should have the possibility to chose the unit for the weight and dimensions on the item sheet and on the packing list for both side purchase and sales.
On the item sheet the fields unit would be required for the weight measurement and for the physical dimensions
In the parameter of account receivables and account payables, the default unit for packing slip would be entered
On the packing slip/ Product receipt the unit is defaulted from the parameter, but can be changed.
The default weight and dimensions are defaulted from the calculation from the item sheet and the unit conversion. The weight and dimension can be manually overwritten.
The report ‘Vendor balance list’ (Accounts payable > Reports > Status) display the wrong main account, if the vendor Group was changed. Then the ‘Vendor balance list’ do not display the ‘Vendor balance’ of the vendor transactions. Instead, the main account from the ‘Vendor posting profil’ will display.
The same issue arises with ‘customer balance list’ too.
Add a new feature to the personalize form functionality to allow users to make fields mandatory where they are not. This would allow users to streamline processes and avoid customization.