The financial reporting does currently no allow access to subledger information. The following cases require access to sub-ledger for management reporting / financial statement purposes:
1. In the balance sheet, receivables are stated on the debit side, payables are stated on the credit side. Hence, for accounts receivable/payable the accountant regularly needs to run a report for customer balances payable and vendor payables receivable, and repost them to the GL.
2. Due Dates: According to IFRS, balance sheet items depend on due dates (long-term, short-term). This Information is stored on sub-ledger level. If there was access to that Information from financial reporting, These investigations and rearrangements were obsolete and reporting requirements could be directly covered by report definitions.
3. This allows to create fixed asset balances with detailed Information.
4. This allows to create any other management report using subledger data.
WE have found sadly that Financial Reporting just print default account descriptions despite having translated descriptions; in different words, Financial Reporting does not check user language of preference or financial entity base language. So it will always show account description as entered during account creation.
This is nothing new, however, still to be solved as per this request from 7/13/2010.
Due to our implementation nature (multi-country, multicurrency and multi-language) having Financial Reports without translation as per user preferences or entity base language is causing a lot of issues.
We do not consider this as a nice to have.
We would like to see the MR comment functionality again in D365FO.
My client is using FR to create Budget Planning summary report in D365. One of the limitation of FR is the ability to list all budget plan documents on a row definition. In order to work around this, we have to manually create rows with document number filter on the row modifier. Since this is not the only filter that has to be applied (we also apply a book code modifier and budget plan priority), the process to create the report is very painful. Please consider allowing user to copy & paste row modifier from one cell to the next while retaining the filters.
On another report, we created columns for budget year 1, budget year 2 and a calculated column for the biennium budget. FR doesn't seem to have the ability to show details for CALC column at the transaction level. Therefore, if we have a budget plan with 2 lines: budget year 1 for $1M and budget year 2 for $2 when user drills down to the transaction level, the CALC column will display $0 instead of $1M for the budget year 1 line and $2M for the budget year 2 line. However, the grand total for the CALC column displays $3M. This creates confusion to the users.
Please allow the integration of different system environments, such as DEV, TEST, PROD in a single MR installation.
Are you interested in introducing the cash flow "Direct method" statement, by capturing and collecting directly from the accounting database records and that after scrutinizing, controlling, sequencing and classifying all the accounts records, for a better transperency of the captured figures?
By using and adopting, the fastest, punctual and precise methodology ever.
In Management Reporter (AX2012 ->) you had the option to link to Excel sheets to consolidate data from external sources in the reports. This option is currently not available in Dynamics 365 Financial Reports.
The request is to integrate Financial Reports into Common Data Service (CDS) to access various external data sources that can be included in the reporting.
This functionality (import from extenal data) is highly valued for current customers using Management Reporter, and prevents them from purchasing 3rd party software in order to perform consolidations. We should have the same offer in Dynamics 365.
Functionality to publish links to Management Reporter financial reports directly to SharePoint during report generation is not implemented in Dynamics AX "7".
Users would like to see the Originating currency value and the Reporting currency value on the same line when drilling down to the Transaction level detail of a report instead of it looking like there are two transactions.
Many Companies generate multiple iterations of Financial Reports during the month/quarter/year end processes, prior to finalizing their reports. I would like to request that a more efficient method be added to help producing a group of reports on a regular basis on demand as needed. Then printing a hard copy for Management review and approval with a common print layout during this crunch time-period. Then, when approved the same process can be completed for a final time to either print, store, email or all the above.
I believe the last version of Microsoft FRX, offered a method to package the reports along with other Office Documents for this purpose.
The Current tedious Printing steps for the Report Viewer follow:
1) Generate a single report definition
2) View the report
3) Select the entity from the tree (this could be common for all reports in a group using the same tree)
4) Choose Print
5) Select the print parameters from the pop up (not standard, has be reset for each report)
6) Save To (Download)
7) Adobe opens the report to be reviewed, printed or saved to allow for combining.
8) Edit Print settings then print or save as pdf