Suggested by Microsoft – Planned – 46
Category: System administration
Alerts are not on the list of deprecated features for Dynamics 365 for Operations, but they are currently not available. We've been told Alerts will be delivered at some point, but currently aren't scheduled for a specific release. We are using Dynamics 365 for Operations as a platform for building an operational construction project management solution. Alerts are a key foundational element of the solution. We initially started development using Dynamics AX2012 R3, but the Microsoft product team helped us upgrade to Dynamics 365 for Operations during the summer of 2016. Alerts were used pervasively in our AX2012 R3 solution. After the upgrade, we became aware that alerts are no longer available. We have a pilot scheduled for June 2017 and need alerts functionality. Please include alerts in the next update.
It would be great if the angle brackets (<>) of breadcrumb in D365O would be clickable the same way as in Windows Explorer.
For example, the user navigates to this path: Sales and marketing>Setup>Opportunities>Probability
If the user clicks the bracket before Probability the menu elements under Opportunities would be shown (list of Probability, Prognosis, Reason, Sales process).
That would speed up the navigation in D365O as far as I am concerned.
I have a need to access a ready-only copy of the AX business database that is sync'd in real time. We can then sync this database to our own azure sql database for reporting purposes.
Have the ability in the D365FO flow/logic app connector to register for callbacks when certain events happen in D365FO. Events can be defined by the users in D365FO which will be exposed in the connector for registration. When the specific event happens in D365FO, D365FO callsback into the connector thus, triggering the flow/logic app. Sample events can be, "When a PO is approved" or "When a vendor is created" etc.
With the removal of the concept of virtual companies, the only - however poor - real out of the box option to share master-data across legal entities was lost. This feature was widely used by many customers.
The new cross-company data sharing accepts group and reference data only, but it is not possible to share for example Customers and Vendors across multiple legal entities.
In the industry, where my customers operate it is not uncommon to have +100 legal entities, some will have +1000 and this is real legal entities, not just a dummy division of a legal entity.
Therefore it is common to share customers and vendors between companies. But it is not a all or nothing approach. Companies are grouped and data is shared between a group of companies. Which leads me to my second suggestion. Please allow us to group companies into company groups and then configure the sharing of data per group of companies instead of individual companies.
So 2 suggestions here.
1. Ensure master data can be shared between a group of companies.
2. Allow grouping of companies into company groups.
Suggested by Microsoft – Under Review – 11
Category: User Experience
In previous versions of Dynamics AX (AX 2012 and before) it was possible to enter a calculation in decimal fields. e.g. 1000*1.21. The result was an amount : 1210. In the current version of Dynamics 365 this is not possible anymore. This is a much requested feature by namely accounting users. They use it a lot for calculating amounts to add or subtract Sales Tax.
Attachments Indicator - In Dynamics 365 for Operations we have lost the lit-up functionality of the paperclip. This is a big loss. Users have no idea whether there are notes or documents attached to transactions.
Suggested by Microsoft – Completed – 14
Category: System administration
In Operations we have lost the lit-up functionality of the paperclip. This is a big loss. Users have no idea whether there are notes or documents attached to transactions. We request strongly that something is invented to bring this functionality back like we had it. A color change, or even better, an entirely new picture instead of a paperclip that really draws attention to the user.
When the full build completes through VSTS the package should get uploaded to the shared asset library of LCS for the subscription . So that deployment can happen to multiple environment at the same time on a click.
When the VM in a cloud-hosted environment is stopped or started in Azure (e.g. via Azure automation run books), the status of the environment is not reflected in LCS. This is causing confusion on the part of users who navigate to these environments via LCS.
Our customer is using the automation run books to manage their Azure VMs in order to optimize their Azure run costs. The Azure management portal shows the correct status of the VMs in these environments.
Every external facing document needs to be professionally formatted in standard D365FO using the new Modern formats framework, and these formats should ship with the product. Documents should include the typical fields most customers want. These documents should either be extensible or there should be a documented process for copying the standard document and modifying it. Print management needs to be improved so all modern forms of document transmission are supported.
Every document means:
- Any document I might transmit to a Customer or Vendor, pretty much any document covered by Print Management.
- The documents are part of D365FO when it is deployed, without any modifications.
Professionally formatted means:
- The document was reviewed by a graphic designer.
- Acceptable logo sizes and ppi are documented.
- The document works with both Letter and A4 paper sizes.
- The margins on the document are even and consistent.
- Multi-page documents are tested, don't leave extra white-space on the page, and have appropriate minimalist headers and footers.
Typical fields means:
- Microsoft has surveyed the user community for what fields they include on each document type, and have included the ones that are common to a majority of customers.
- Global requirements have been considered (i.e. Banking, Tax fields, Dates that are clear no matter what country is viewing the document).
Print management improvements means:
- Ability to transmit a document using Exchange, SMTP, or Local Outlook.
- Ability to use GER to transmit a document.
- Ability to have a "Modern" formatted email template with wildcards from the Source journal record.
- Ability to control the file name in an Email or File.
- Ability to use some concept of Print archive, so the actual PDF that was sent is always recorded in a way the user can easily retrieve it.
Please add your comments with any additional requirements not listed above.