Microsoft Dynamics 365
April Olson (administrator)
on 5/14/2019 2:13:43 PM
Thank you for the feedback. This is a great suggestion and we will consider it in our roadmap. Sincerely, April, PM, Microsoft
You need real life scenarios. Here they are:
1. Periodic reporting: Helps to explain developments on account balances throughout the period
2. Cashflow statement: Enables to create a cash-flow statement as a standard report for financial reporting
3. Enabled to get a clear picture about inventory value development from GL perspective
4. Eases to understand receivables and payables and their values (write-off needed)
5. Structures data for financial reporting/BI better
So, it was a very powerful improvement - very little effort to get there.
Just extend the main account settings by financial dimensions.
Can you post a real life scenario for when this would be used ?
Please do this!
Capturing the accounting entries by "Nature" of transactions is the most adequate for evolving the Cash-flow direct method in the best way of information. The cross-checking method will keep the traceability between the concerned GL accounts. A Cash Inflow and Outflow report captured by "Nature" will be an essential tool for analyzing the cash-flow management for a difined period.
A short term review for development the idea, will be a better appreciation and a better improvement for the Financial Staments.