While testing the pick to jobs functionality I ran into a couple of issues.
- Apparently there is no way of defaulting the Location Code when creating a new Job Planning Line. This is probably not an error, but it would be great to either default it to the Job card from the Ship-to customer or from a "Components at location" field in the Jobs setup table (like the setup tables for Assembly Orders and Production Orders.
- You can create 2 types of pick, but they behave differently
- Inventory Pick. Creates a pick, and at posting consumes the items
- Warehouse Pick, creates a pick (or movement) from the warehouse to the bin defined on the Location card.
I have discovered these issues:
- The warehouse pick does not create pick lines for items that are reserved, so they never get picked - I guess this is unintentional
- You can create both Inventory Pick and Warehouse pick at the same time, an Post/register both, potentially leading to double consumption if the items.
I would suggest the following
- A way to default the location code to the Job Planning Lines as mentioned above
- Only create pick lines for items that don't already have pick lines created
- The ability to create a pick per Job Planning line
Business Central Team (administrator)
Thank you for this suggestion! Currently this is not on our roadmap. We are tracking this idea and if it gathers more votes and comments we will consider it in the future. Best regards, Business Central Team