According to the existing production posting setup in the cost management or inventory management, several WIP posting entries including offset accounts are enabled:
- Estimated cost of materials consumed, WIP
- Estimated cost of materials consumed
- Estimated manufactured cost
- Estimated manufactured cost, WIP
- Cost of materials consumed, WIP
- Cost of materials consumed
- Manufactured cost
- Manufactured cost, WIP
However, in the standard case these entries will refer to inventory accounts.
What is missing and urgently required for covering financial statement requirements is to include the P&L posting applied at least for semi-finished and finished goods. This is quite a standard requirement not possible to define in the system.
The proposed solution is to provide a 4 column setup table with the possibility to define up to 2 debit account entries and up to 2 credit account entries in order to limit the amount of line entries.