In year 2018, Pennsylvania is requiring a ‘withholding tax’ on out of state vendors that receive a 1099 form, CA is also requiring this.
It is my understanding that PA withholdings need to be reported on the providers federal 1099 – in box 16 and 17
For CA there is no requirement on their 1099, however there is an additional form 592 that will need to be submitted totaling all withholding – at both the individual and entity level.
Needs Votes