Microsoft Dynamics 365
This is no brainer.
Also to consider. Majority of the businesses (80%) are micro or small businesses and despite smaller revenue per company for MS it would make it up by overall sales due bigger volume. So for MS it would generate revenue fast due small companies can make fast decisions and today every company need e-commerce site to survive.
Business Central needs E-commerce integration fast, as well better UI for CRM and Service. Likes of Odoo are beating MS in their game for now. CRM, E-Commerce etc. are there out of the box.
This is one of the biggest Gaps in the Migration story to D365. Partners need to create data entities to migrate Lean master data
This can already be done in Report Designer, by clicking Company | Companies and selecting a new default Company.
This is a known issue KB 4602060 (https://fix.lcs.dynamics.com/Issue/Details?bugId=542875&dbType=3&qc=8ac80daccd5a024ec292ba375326f5fbaba780e7e1dbef2b3ed718d742de8577)
Actually it does update it, Pascal. These forecast models are filtered out by default. The only problem is that the Amount = Total amount, and the Quantity = 1, always 1.
Here is what I used out of desperation: https://erconsult.eu/blog/electronic-reporting-in-data-migration/
We made one futher step and implemented a % control: enter a milestone as a percentage of the total:
"Enter the project milestones as % of the total contract amount"
To be able to enter or adjust the amount (Sales price) of any kind of on-account transactions as a percentage of the total contract value, implement the following controls on the ProjTransOnAcc form:
1) Total contract: a persisting value, saved in an association with the current project (i.e. the caller or the Project id from the first milestone on the form - if called as a standalone menu item). A small separate table is preferred to avoid concurrent updates and deadlocks. This value must be directly editable by the user to provide the 'seed value' when no milestones exist.
2) % shall be an "edit" kind of a field in the lines. It shall update the Sales price on : Sales price = Currency::amount(Total contract * %) / 100). If the user primarily edits the Sales price, the "%" field should work in the opposite direction and display the amount in the current line as a percentage of the Total contract.
Here is my bloody workaround:
1. Create a time & material type (!) sub-sub-project. Keep all the parameters and dimensions to their default values, this will record the negative cost price “revenue” against the original financial dimensions
2. Set the sub-sub-project stage to In process.
3. Open the list of Open return orders, create a new one, and with the form personalization, add the Project ID field (I know, this is sick)
4. Choose the Project ID, it populates the customer etc.
5. Add the lines to the resulting Return order with a negative quantity. The system complains about the Line property. Add this column – Line property – with the form personalisation and choose NBillable. Do NOT set a delivery date in future.
6. From the return order header or from the list of project Item tasks, drill down into the related Sales order and update the quantity from empty to the respective negative quantity.
If you fail to do so, the warehouse worker will experience an error message about the quantity on an attempt to receive the goods at the mobile scanner.
7. Give the RMA number (maybe the RMA labels too?) to the customer
8. The goods arrive, and the warehouse worker may receive them as usual with the menu Reception retour.
9. [Not a mandatory step] Post the delivery note (aka packing slip) against the return sales order
10. Once upon a time, create a new T&M project invoice proposal in the below very special mode Sales order line = Packing slip (depends on step 9) or All, press Search.
11. This will create a zero T&M project invoice with the returned items.
12. Approve and post the invoice, this will negate the original item cost, produce project transactions and ensure the proper stock value. The “invoice” must not be sent to the customer.
Right. Still super annoying in 2021 ;)
Right. Here is our solution for the Natura 2.1:
1 Config: Set an ExemptCode in the VAT group; configure the Exempt code as „OtherExempt“
2 ER: add Enums.TaxExemptCodeReason_IT.OtherExemp, "N2.1", into the CASE in