We can set Quantity on Resource load in Route for using resources effectively.
However, the setting is not sufficient for the scenario which has "peak" orders.
- 10 quantities are created per 1 day by 1 resource.
- 1st April: 1 order with 3 quantities.
- 2nd April: 1 order with 4 quantities.
- 3rd April: 1 order with 4 quantities.
- 4th April: 1 order with 100 quantities.
- 5th April: 1 order with 4 quantities.
For this scenario, there are no problem for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th.
But at 4th April obviously there are lack of resources.
Then "Delay" was occurred for the order 4th April.
For resolving "Delay", we need to modify the Route before running MRP.
(Adding resources to the Resource group in Route and change Quantity on Resource load.)
In this way, we can resolve Delay but we need "Re-modify" the Route to the old setting.
It does not make sense as we always need to monitor the all of demand orders.
MRP should automatically solve the "Delay" using resources in Resource group.
Or we should edit the Route manually in planned order after created by MRP.