KBC’s security model specifies that:
- All users in the Retail Bank should primary see and work with Clients (Contacts) from their home branch
- Quick Find and Categorised Search should be limited to the Contacts belonging to their branch
- They are however allowed to access any Client records (to deal with the use case of a Client walking in to a different branch from time to time)
- When the user searches for a Client outside his Home Branch, the Search should be reflected in the audit trail
They have implemented this using:
- A toolbar button where the user can toggle his Quick Find as a local (in-branch) or global search. This updates a flag on the User profile.
- A RetrieveMultiple plugin that dynamically filters Client records returned by the Quick Find to just those that are within the branch, unless the flag on the user profile indicates that the user wants to do a global search – then the Search details is written to an audit entity, and the flag is reset.
The App for Outlook does its searching for Tracking / Set Regarding without calling the RetrieveMultiple – so the subfiltering is not working for them in that context.
Their ask is for an extensibility model for all searches that we do.